Saturday, January 13, 2007

Karate Training for 2007

This year of my Shotokan karate training is starting off much differently than the 23 others that I've been training.

A webdesigner by trade, and at 41 yrs with a bit of a beer gut - I'm just not seeing the hard-body I used to see in the mirror.

So this year, for the past three weeks, I've been training daily on my BowFlex. So far it hasn't been anything fancy - except that I've discovered how to use the cables and pullies to add resistance while practicing kicking and stepping in a stance.

The traditional resistance drills of bench press, lat pull-downs, leg extensions etc are also helpful - and after just 3 weeks I'm starting to see some results in my muscles.

But, my biggest benefit is the increase in my flexibility.

My karate students of 10 years have already noticed the change in the depth of my side spit stretch - after I put in just 3 weeks of training 30 minutes a day.

If you are serious about improving faster than other students in your karate club - you are in the right place.

Tune in next time for details on the training program that has made such great results for me - Yes - you CAN do this at home without a BowFlex.

No comments: